Question:
pill worry i need to no about trazodone?
Ashley
2010-07-25 17:16:45 UTC
my doctor gave me trazodone and prozac but it says taking them together can cause mental illness could he have not known this or what should i take them is it safe and is if safe to take dovecot with them im hooked on dovecot and trying to get off i have stopped taking as meany someone tell me something.
Four answers:
RKF CPhT
2010-07-25 19:41:54 UTC
check out the interactions checker on drugs.com, it'll tell you if they do interact and why they interact, if they do
?
2010-07-26 00:23:13 UTC
Where did you hear that taking them together will cause mental illness? I take trazodone and remeron (a different antidepressant) every night. If your doctor is prescribing those medications, he/she knows what those meds do. And depression IS a mental illness. If you're worried about side effects, talk to your doctor.
2010-07-26 00:18:56 UTC
taking pills together cannot "cause mental illness" but it can have some really bad side effects. bring it up to the doctor, and make sure you tell him if taking both makes you worry and uncomfortable. they cant make you do anything.
Tuncay U
2010-07-26 05:58:21 UTC
no.DR.RiCHERDSON,MD.